Diversity & Inclusion Commission
- 7 p.m.
- 1st Monday of each month
- Warrensburg Community Center
The City Council may establish a task force to study on an issue or address a community concern. The Diversity and Inclusion Task Force shall examine the community and provide feedback that will help foster mutual understanding and respect among all members of the City. The Task Force will work through education and outreach to discourage prejudice and discrimination against any person, group, or any other status protected by law on account of race, creed, color; religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, or disability. For complaints of discrimination in housing, employment, and places of public accommodations based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability, age (in employment only), and familial status (in housing only), the Task Force shall accept and refer these cases to the Missouri Human Rights Commission.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Membership & Terms
The Diversity and Inclusion Task Force shall consist of 9 members broadly representative of the racial, ethnic, and religious groups in the community. 4 members will serve as ex-officio (non-voting) members of the Task Force and must represent local armed forces, commercial, industrial, and/or educational segments of the community. 1 of the City Council members will be appointed to serve as an ex-officio member of the Task Force. Members of the Task Force shall be appointed by the mayor with the approval of the City Council. The term of appointment shall be for 2 years. No individual shall serve more than 2 full consecutive terms on the commission.
|Suzy Latare||Chair, 2 Year Term||2019*|
|Erica Jones-Collins||Vice Chair, 2 Year Term||2019*|
|Amber Clifford-Napoleone||2 Year Term||2019*|
|Morris Collins||2 Year Term||2019*|
|Kamel Ghozzi||2 Year Term||2019*|
|Heather Jepsen||2 Year Term||2019*|
|Megan McBride||2 Year Term||2019*|
|Collin Mills||2 Year Term||2019*|
|Brent Thomas||Ex-Officio, 2 Year Term||2019*|
|Robin Allen||Council Rep.||n/a|
|Donyell Wolfe||Staff, Admin. Project Manager||n/a|
Duties & Responsibilities
The powers and duties of the Diversity and Inclusion Task Force shall be to:
- Foster, through community effort or otherwise, goodwill, cooperation and conciliation among community groups and elements of the inhabitants of the City;
- Formulate and carry out educational programs that will aid in discouraging all types of prejudice and discrimination;
- Support educational campaigns and programs devoted to eliminating group tensions, prejudices, intolerance, bigotry, and discrimination;
- Recommend programs, policies, and procedures to the City Council which will protect against discrimination, promote the health, safety, and welfare of community members.