Historic Preservation Commission
- 4 p.m.
- 4th Wednesday of every month
- Municipal Center
200 S Holden Street
Warrensburg, MO 64093
This commission was created in 2005 to promote the educational, cultural, economic and general welfare of the community.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Membership & TermsThe board consists of 5 members who shall have an interest in historic preservation within the City. 1 of the five (5) members shall be a planning and zoning commission member, who shall serve for 1 year. Members shall otherwise be appointed for terms of 3 years and shall serve until their successor is duly appointed. The City Manager or his designee shall be an ex-officio member.
To the extent available in the community, the Historic Preservation Commission shall include professional members representing such disciplines as architecture, architectural history, prehistoric and historic archaeology, planning, urban design, cultural geography, cultural anthropology, folklore, curation, conservation, landscape architecture, law, real estate brokerage, banking, history or other fields related to historic preservation, and residents of historic districts or potential historic districts.
|Julie Turnipseed||Chair, 3 Year Term||2017|
|Carla Prael||Vice Chair, 3 Year Term||2019*|
|David Sandberg||3 Year Term||2017*|
|Deanna Westenhaver||Planning & Zoning Rep., 1 Year Term||2018*|
|Andrea Glinn||1 Year Unexpired Term||2020*|
|Barbara Carroll||Staff, Dir. of Community Development||n/a|
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties of the Historic Preservation Commission include:
- Advising on surveys to identify historically and architecturally significant properties,
- Making recommendation on requests for local landmark and local historic district designation,
- Encouraging the nomination of landmarks and historic districts to the National Register of Historic Places,
- Advising and assisting owners of landmarks and property or structures within historic districts on preservation, renovation, rehabilitation and reuse, and National Register listing,
- Informing and educating the citizens of Warrensburg concerning the historic and architectural heritage of the city
- 2015 Notable Structures and Preservation Opportunities (PDF)
- 2016 Notable Structures and Preservation Opportunities (PDF)
- 2017 Notable Structures and Preservation Opportunities (PDF)
- 2017-2018 Historic Preservation Commission Strategic Action Plan (PDF)
- Cultural Resource Survey Phase I and II (PDF)
- Facade Grant Program Details (PDF)
- Facade Improvement Grant Application (PDF)
- Grover Street Victorian Historic District Self-Guided Walking Tour (Mobile) (PDF)
- Grover Street Victorian Historic District Self-Guided Walking Tour (Print) (PDF)
- Warrensburg National Register of Historic Places Listings (PDF)