Diversity & Inclusion Commission
- 7 p.m.
- 1st Monday of each month
- Warrensburg Community Center
The Diversity and Inclusion Commission shall examine the community and provide feedback that will help foster mutual understanding and respect among all members of the City. The commission will work through education and outreach to discourage prejudice and discrimination against any person, group, or any other status protected by law on account of race, creed, color; religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, or disability. For complaints of discrimination in housing, employment, and places of public accommodations based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability, age (in employment only), and familial status (in housing only), the commission shall accept and refer these cases to the Missouri Human Rights Commission.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Membership & Terms
The Diversity and Inclusion Commission shall consist of eleven (11) members appointed by the City Council broadly representative of the racial, ethnic, and religious groups in the community. Four (4) members will be designated as non-voting members of the commission and must represent local armed forces, commercial, industrial, and/or educational segments of the community. One (1) of the City Council members will be appointed to serve as an ex-officio member of the commission and will also be a non-voting member. Seven (7) additional members will be appointed as voting members who are residents or business owners within the Warrensburg postal code area. Members of the commission shall be appointed by the Mayor with the approval of the City Council. The term of appointment shall be for three (3) years. No individual shall serve more than two (2) full consecutive terms on the commission.
|Barbara Mayfield||Vice Chair||2025|
|Chris Aumiller (WAFB representative)||Ex-Officio||2022|
|Vacant (reserved for WHS student)||Ex-Officio||2023|
|Vacant (reserved for UCM student)||Ex-Officio||2023|
|Tarl Bentley||Council Rep.||N/A|
|Police Chief||Staff Liaison, Police Chief||N/A|
Duties & Responsibilities
The powers and duties of the Diversity and Inclusion Commission shall be to:
- Foster, through community effort or otherwise, goodwill, cooperation and conciliation among community groups and elements of the inhabitants of the City;
- Formulate and carry out educational programs that will aid in discouraging all types of prejudice and discrimination;
- Support educational campaigns and programs devoted to eliminating group tensions, prejudices, intolerance, bigotry, and discrimination;
- Recommend programs, policies, and procedures to the City Council which will protect against discrimination, promote the health, safety, and welfare of community members.